01.01.11 Mini Project – Use of Macro lens 2

I wanted to improve on my previous attempt by using the cable release. I also experimented with the ISO.  This time I seemed to do everything more quickly and it felt easier using the tripod.  I used two different vases of flowers and the same grey card background I had used before (forgot to mention that previously).  The second vase contained roses, which were well past their best and waiting to be thrown away.  I had to move the tripod back to get the flowers properly in view.  I wanted to change the arrangement but petals showered down every time I tried to move the flowers around.  The dogs were very interested in this, paws up on the chair and I was worried that they would knock the tripod.  Fortunately this didn’t happen.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take the same view of the chrysanthemums that I did before so couldn’t directly compare.  Here is one of the rose shots though.

f11  ¼  ISO 100 EF 100mm Macro USM

Evaluation:  Much improved and the edges of the petals are nicely defined. Minimal editing and some cropping so that the main focus is on one rosebud.  I must get some fresh flowers now and do some more.

Advertisements


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s